Super simple chocolate chip cookie recipe, perfect for the summer holidays to make with the little ones!
These cookies take 40 minutes in total and make enough for 16 cookies - plenty for everyone!
- 100g unsalted butter
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- Mix the butter and sugar together. You can either do this in a freestanding mixer, using a handheld mixer or by using a wooden spoon. Beat together until it's light and fluffy!
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and then add it into your sugar/butter mixture, then add your vanilla and mix it all together.
- Add in the flour and mix everything together. If you need to, use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so it's all combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and give it one last mix. Pst - you can use any chocolate chips you like. Milk, Dark or White Chocolate... the choice is yours!
- Using a small spoon or an ice cream scooper - add 6 spoons of dough mixture onto a lined baking tray (with baking or parchment paper). The cookies will spread out when you bake them, so make sure you leave enough space between each cookie as possible.
- Pop the cookies into the oven at 180c/170c fan and bake for 10-12 minutes. When they're ready the edges will turn a golden brown. Top tip - when you take them out of the oven, give the tray a tap on a worktop. This helps to create two textures in the cookie: a crisp outer edge, and a soft, gooey centre!
- Leave the cookies to cool slightly, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, enjoy with a glass of milk!