Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Super simple chocolate chip cookie recipe, perfect for the summer holidays to make with the little ones!
These cookies take 40 minutes in total and make enough for 16 cookies - plenty for everyone!
- 100g unsalted butter
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- Mix the butter and sugar together. You can either do this in a freestanding mixer, using a handheld mixer or by using a wooden spoon. Beat together until it's light and fluffy!
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and then add it into your sugar/butter mixture, then add your vanilla and mix it all together.
- Add in the flour and mix everything together. If you need to, use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so it's all combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and give it one last mix. Pst - you can use any chocolate chips you like. Milk, Dark or White Chocolate... the choice is yours!
- Using a small spoon or an ice cream scooper - add 6 spoons of dough mixture onto a lined baking tray (with baking or parchment paper). The cookies will spread out when you bake them, so make sure you leave enough space between each cookie as possible.
- Pop the cookies into the oven at 180c/170c fan and bake for 10-12 minutes. When they're ready the edges will turn a golden brown. Top tip - when you take them out of the oven, give the tray a tap on a worktop. This helps to create two textures in the cookie: a crisp outer edge, and a soft, gooey centre!
- Leave the cookies to cool slightly, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, enjoy with a glass of milk!