There's a reason why playdough is so popular with children - it offers hours of fun and creativity and (we'll let you in on a little secret) is super cheap to make yourself at home! We've got an easy and quick recipe below along with a video on how to make it.
This recipe makes 1 coloured ball and takes around 5 minutes to make
- 8 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp salt
- 50ml warm water
- Food Colouring - any colour of your choice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. In a jug, mix the water, a few drops of food colouring and the oil
2. Pour your wet mixture into your dry ingredients and mix
3. Dust a work surface with some flour and pour out your mixture. In the video below, our mixture was a little too wet which is why we've put more flour on the worktop.
4. Knead your mixture for a few minutes until you get a smooth and workable dough.
5. If you want your playdough to be brighter, you can add some more food colouring!
6. And that's it! You've got some playdough that your little ones will love to play with. Keep your playdough fresh by popping it into a plastic bag, squeezing out all the air and popping it in the fridge!
Warning: Keep playdough away from dogs and other pets. It should be made clear to a child using playdough that this is not food and should not be eaten.