This easy and delicious recipe combines two of our favourite things... Crumpets & Pizza! The perfect snack for the summer that everyone can get involved in helping to make.
These treats take just 20 minutes to make. The recipe below serves 6.
- 6 Crumpets
- 4 Tbsp Passata
- 4 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- Toppings of your choice
- 75g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Start by lightly toasting your crumpets, either by popping them into the toaster for a couple of minutes or by heating them under a hot grill.
- Mix the Passata, Ketchup & Oregano together in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Now it's time to prep the toppings. Chop up your toppings of choice into small pieces so you can fit a variety of toppings on your crumpet. Pst - little ones can get involved in this step too - by tearing up herbs such as basil!
- Line a baking tray with some foil or baking paper and lay out the 6 lightly toasted crumpets with the holes facing up.
- Spread some of your sauce mixture over the top of each crumpet, then top with a sprinkling of cheese
- Choose the toppings you would like on each one. You can choose to keep them all the same, or make each one different!
- Pop the topped crumpets under the grill for 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- When done, wait a couple of minutes for them to cool before eating. If you want to save them, they're also delicious when eaten cold. Wait for them to cool completely before putting them in a sealed container and popping them in the fridge to enjoy later!