Easter is right around the corner, and it's the perfect time to plan some fun activities for your children during the holidays!
Keeping your kids entertained and engaged in the school holidays can be challenging. However, with a little bit of creativity and some forward planning, you can make the Easter holidays memorable for your children.
From Easter egg hunts to crafts and games, there are endless possibilities of things to make and do throughout the easter holidays!
In this article, we'll share 8 fun Easter activities you can do with your children. So, grab your bunny ears, and let's get started!
Easter Egg Hunt Ideas for Children
One of the most popular Easter fun activities for children is an Easter egg hunt, and it has become a beloved tradition for children worldwide.
Children love searching for hidden eggs and discovering what treats are inside. Children love the thrill of the hunt, and Easter egg hunts provide a perfect opportunity to explore and discover.
The excitement and the surprise factor of finding hidden treasures is something that captivates children of all ages.
To make your Easter egg hunt even more exciting, try these ideas:
- Glow-in-the-dark egg hunt: Use glow sticks to make your Easter eggs glow in the dark. Hide them in a dark room or outside at night in a safe environment for a fun and glowy egg hunt.
- Treasure hunt: Create a treasure map and hide Easter eggs along the way. The map can lead to a treasure chest filled with treats and surprises.
- Colour-coded egg hunt: Assign each child a colour and hide eggs that match their colour. This way, each child can only collect the eggs that match their colour.
- Golden egg hunt: Hide a special golden egg that contains a big surprise. The child who finds the golden egg is the winner.
Easter Activities in The Playhouse
Playhouses are an excellent choice as a base for Easter activities for kids for various reasons. They provide a fun and imaginative space where children can let their creativity run wild and a safe and secure place to play outdoors.
If you're thinking about getting a playhouse for your little ones, here are our top 3 picks, perfect for Easter fun!
This two-storey wooden playhouse packed with play features and is the perfect playhouse for hours of guaranteed fun!
If you're looking to customise your playhouse to suit you, then our builder range is the perfect option. There are four house styles to choose from and a mixture of exciting windows and accessory options, the perfect playhouse for you is just a few clicks away
Maybe you want something a little different from a traditional playhouse! If that's the base, our Ahoy Wooden Playboat is a perfect choice, combining a playboat and a sandpit for endless easter pirate fun!
If you have a playhouse in your backyard, you can do so many fun Easter activities with your children. Here are some ideas:
- Easter tea party: Set up a tea party in the playhouse with Easter-themed decorations, treats, and crafts.
- Easter Storytime: Read Easter-themed books to your children in the playhouse.
- Easter puppet show: Create Easter-themed puppets such as eggs, bunnies, and talking carrots, and put on a show in the playhouse.
Easter-themed Arts and Crafts
Easter arts and crafts have always been popular with children for various reasons. The holiday itself is associated with springtime, new beginnings, and the joy of spending time with family and friends.
Easter crafts are so popular as they are often colourful and fun.
Children love bright colours, and Easter crafts typically involve pastel shades, glitter, and other eye-catching materials, allowing children to fully express their creativity and imagination while learning about the holiday's traditions and symbols.
Here are some Easter fun activities that your children will love:
- Decorate Easter eggs: This classic Easter activity never gets old. Let your children decorate Easter eggs with paint, stickers, glitter, and markers.
- Make Easter baskets: Help your children make their own Easter baskets using paper, ribbon, and other craft materials.
- Easter bonnets: Have your children create their own Easter bonnets using craft paper, flowers, and other decorations, and have a little competition.
Outdoor Garden Activities for Easter
As spring approaches, many families look forward to fun and engaging activities to celebrate Easter with their children. Spending quality time outside is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise, especially after a long winter spent indoors.
Children who spend time outdoors are more likely to develop a connection with nature, which can positively affect their mental health and well-being. Easter egg hunts in the park or a nature walk to collect flowers for a DIY Easter centrepiece can help foster this connection.
If you have a garden, you can do many fun Easter activities with your children. Here are some ideas:
- Collect Easter flowers: Collect Easter flowers such as daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths from your garden for Easter decorations.
- Create an Easter Garden: Use small pots and planters to create an Easter-themed Garden with flowers and decorations.
- Easter egg planters: Use eggshells to plant small flowers or herbs.
Get Green-fingered With An Easter Potting Bench
If your children love gardening and getting a little dirty, a Potting Bench is a fun Easter activity.
@rach_mummy2_huge_sofia_elliot on Instagram
"Her daddy and her have this little bond over gardening and I do love this planter its the perfect size for her"
@_islajune on Instagram
"It’s a fab way to encourage children to spend time outside & learn about how things grow. Isla has planted some strawberry plants & sunflowers and it’s adorable to watch her go and check on them every morning & water them."
Potting Benches provide a perfect platform for children to learn about gardening. Kids are naturally curious, and with a potting bench, they can explore the world of plants and flowers in their backyard.
By planting seeds, watering the plants, and watching them grow, children can learn about the intricate workings of nature and develop a lifelong appreciation for gardening.
Here's how to make it fun:
- Find a potting bench: Find the perfect one for you.
- Decorate the bench: Decorate the bench with Easter-themed decorations such as bunting, ribbons, and flowers.
- Plant Easter flowers: Plant Easter flowers such as daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths in pots on the bench with colourful markers, so they know which flowers are which when they grow.
Easter Baking and Cooking Activities
Baking and cooking are great fun Easter activities for children.
Cooking and baking are creative activities that allow children to explore their imagination, express themselves, and learn new skills.
Easter recipes like bunny-shaped cookies, egg-shaped cakes, or colourful cupcakes are typically bright, cute, and playful, not to mention chocolate-based!
Here are some ideas:
- Bake Easter cookies: Make delicious cookies with Easter-themed cookie cutters and decorations.
- Make Easter treats: Treats such as Rice Krispie cakes, easter marshmallows, and chocolate nests with mini eggs on top.
- Decorate Easter cupcakes: Let your children decorate cupcakes with Easter-themed decorations such as bunnies, chicks, and eggs.
Get Creepy with A Bug Hotel
If you've ever heard of a bug hotel, you may have wondered what it is and why children seem to love them so much.
A bug hotel is a fun Easter activity if your children love bugs. The one below is a popular favourite.
Outdoor Games and Puzzles
Playing games and solving puzzles can be a really great way to engage children and keep them entertained.
They are a great way to spend quality time with family and friends. Whether playing board games or working together to solve a puzzle, these activities encourage social interaction and cooperation.
Here are some ideas:
- Easter scavenger hunt: Create a scavenger hunt with Easter-themed clues and puzzles.
Easter-themed outdoor games: Create an Easter-themed outdoor space with fun and popular garden games, which could be nice to ensure everyone can be included. We suggest having Wooden Skittles, Croquet, and a Tumble Tower for hours of fun Easter entertainment.
- Easter-themed bingo: Create an Easter-themed bingo game with pictures of Easter eggs, bunnies, and chicks.
Final Thoughts on Easter Fun Activities
Easter is a time of happiness, joy, and celebration. These fun Easter activities will give your children a memorable and enjoyable easter half-term!
There is something for everyone, from Easter egg hunts to outdoor games and puzzles.
So, gather your family and friends and have fun.