What Should I Look For In A Trampoline: A Buyer's Guide for Measurements and Finding the Best One
If you have been on the eternal hunt for a brand-new trampoline, you've come straight to the right place!
In this article, we will go over absolutely everything you must know about selecting and buying the best trampoline for your garden.
A trampoline is a fantastic piece of equipment for any home with an active child. Whether they plan on jumping often or occasionally, a trampoline will give them plenty of opportunities to exercise their body and build endurance and muscle strength.
We know that choosing the right one can feel a little challenging. This is because there are so many different models available on the market today from various manufacturers, all with slightly different features and benefits suited toward specific users based on the following:
Therefore, we have prepared this helpful buying guide to help you cut through all of the clutter and find the best possible option for your family and needs, along with figuring out how to measure a trampoline.
How to measure a trampoline space in your garden
When purchasing a trampoline, the first step will obviously be figuring out the correct measurement you need. Measurements of trampolines will be found in the description of the trampoline, so all you need to do is measure your garden space to see what you can to work with, making sure to have extra space around the trampoline as a safety zone.
What to Look for When Shopping for a Trampoline?
Now, let's take a much closer look at what you should be checking for when shopping for a new trampoline.
- Safety - This is, of course, the most important feature you should be looking for in any trampoline. Many different factors should be taken into consideration when purchasing a new trampoline.
These factors include:
- User Weight – Different trampolines will have different weight and age limits. Before purchasing your trampoline, make sure you’ve checked the maximum user weight limit so that the trampoline you buy works for you.
- Ground Strength - The ground beneath the trampoline should be solid and level, with no cracks or other unevenness on the surface.
- Trampoline Size and Shape – You can buy trampolines in all different shapes, and sizes and made from different materials, including rubber, metal, and plastic. You can get trampolines in different shapes, too! From a rectangle trampoline to an oval or even square, there will be one to suit every need!
- Ground Anchors - A trampoline should be anchored to the ground to ensure children can bounce safely. These are usually a pair of metal rods that are hammered into the ground at either end of the trampoline.
- Warranty and Safety Features - Finally, you should make sure that the trampoline has all of the safety features and paperwork that comes with it should anything go wrong with it.
Freestanding Frame Trampolines
One of the very first things you will want to look for when shopping for a new trampoline is the style of the frame, and freestanding frames are the most popular choice.
A freestanding frame trampoline is usually the best choice in residential settings. These trampolines offer the best stability and safety for users when installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
The structure must be placed on the ground that is level and must be anchored in place. You must also ensure there is a 2-meter clear play zone around the trampoline to promote ease of access, egress, and safety. Remember to take this additional space into consideration when choosing the size of the trampoline for your garden.
Different Ways To Use Your Trampoline
Next, you want to think about what you want your new trampoline to be used for.
You may want it for exercise, entertainment, or just a source of recreation. Whatever you decide, you should ensure it will be used for the intended purpose. Below, we will discuss some of the different uses for trampolines and what you might want to consider when deciding what will be best for you and your family.
- Exercise - Many people use trampolines for exercise, whether for cardio, muscle-building, or coordination training. They can be a great cardio training tool because they are so effective at increasing heart rate, which helps to increase blood flow and deliver oxygen and nutrients to the muscles more effectively. Because they are also so physically demanding, regular trampoline exercise can reduce the risk of injury from other types of physical activity.
- Entertainment - Many people use trampolines for fun, playing around, and simply spend time away from the usual activities of everyday life. They can also be a great way to get kids away from electronics and computers and off their phones and tablets so that they are less likely to be passive and more active.
- Recreation - The final major purpose of a trampoline is for recreational exercise. People of all ages use them for this purpose. Many communities have specific parks and recreational areas dedicated to this use only. These spaces are often well-maintained and have dedicated areas for trampolines that are sited as part of the park.
What Is The Best Trampoline?
There are a lot of different trampolines on the market, and it can take time to decide which trampoline is the best for you.
Trampolines for Toddlers
For little ones that aren't quite ready for a big-bounce trampoline, our Early Fun Toddler & Hip Hop Junior trampolines are a perfect way to get them bouncing.
Our toddler range is small in size but big in both fun and safety. Our trampoline for kids' weight limit is perfect for tiny bouncers just beginning their trampoline journey.
Trampolines for Older Kids
For budding bouncing champions, our Infinity range of trampolines provides an exhilarating experience that will challenge even the most experienced trampolinists.
With age restrictions of 6+ and a range of heights perfect for all skill levels, Infinity is ideal for any young adventurer looking for a unique challenge.
So jump on in!
There are a lot of great trampolines out there, and it's hard to decide which one is the best for your family. But by considering these factors, you should be able to find the perfect trampoline for your needs.