Halloween Wafer Snacks!
Our venture into spooky snacks to make with little ones continues - and this time we're making some seriously scary wafer snacks! These couldn't be easier to make and the best bit... they're yummy too, and perfect for a Halloween night in!
Take a look at the video below, plus everything you'll need to make your own!
- Wafer Rolls
- White Chocolate
- Food Colouring Gel
- Candy Eyes
Start off by melting your chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave
Grab your Wafer Rolls and start coating 3/4 of them in the melted chocolate. Then place onto baking paper to set.
When you've made all the plain white fingers you want, you can add some colouring to the remainder of your chocolate. We opted for green!
Use the rest of the coloured chocolate to coat the remaining wafer rolls. Put these onto the sheet too!
For Witches Fingers...
- Whilst your chocolate is still melted, place a small almond at the top of each one for the witch's fingernail. Then pop them into the fridge.
- Once the chocolate has set slightly, grab a cocktail stick and scratch some lines in the chocolate where the knuckles and bends would be in the finger. And you're done!
- Whilst your chocolate is still wet, coat each one in sprinkles of your choice. Then, grab some candy eyes and put them on your wafers. You can choose as many eyes as you like, it's a monster after all!
- When you're done, pop them into the fridge to set
- After the first layer of chocolate is done, set them in the fridge for about half an hour.
- When they're set, melt another small amount of white chocolate and place it into a food bag.
- Cut off a small section of the corner of the food bag so you can drizzle the white chocolate over your wafer, creating a "mummy bandage" effect
- Pop some candy eyes onto the wet chocolate on your wafer and you're done - put them back into the fridge to set!