On Sunday I decided to make a lovely Banana Loaf with some ripe bananas that were lurking in my fruit bowl. It didn’t take very long to make and it was super scrummy.
- 125g unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup suga
- r2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powde
- r½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat oven to 170°. Grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Beat butter and sugar until blended.
3. Beat in eggs one at time, then bananas. Stir in vanilla.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
5. Add flour mixture, a third at a time.
6. Pour into loaf tin (I used a silicon one) and bake for 1-1 ¼ hours.
7. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
8. Enjoy a slice with a cup of tea!